Table of Contents
Children under the Age of 17
Information We Collect:
For California Residents
Cookies and other Automated Collection Practices
How we Share Personal Information
Your Rights Regarding Your Information and Accessing and Correcting Your Information
Submitting a Request and Verifying Your Identity
Do Not Track Signals
Processing of Personal Data in the United States/In Other Countries Outside the European Economic Area
Data Retention Periods
Quad/Graphics, Inc. (“Quad,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it.
Note that should the United Kingdom (UK) leave the European Union (EU), all references to the EU in this Policy shall be construed as meaning the EU and the UK.
For the personal data we collect on our own behalf, Quad/Graphics, Inc. is the data controller. We are located at:
N61 W23044 Harry’s Way
Sussex, WI 53089-3995
Our use of information we collect as a service provider or processor (e.g. mailing lists) is limited by the restrictions placed on that information by our customer and their privacy policies. You can learn more about how your information is collected and used by our customers by reviewing the privacy policies of the businesses you engage with.
As a business or controller, we will use personal information about you only for the purposes and in the manner set forth below, which describes the steps we take to ensure the processing of personal data is in compliance with applicable data protection law, including California’s Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
The personal information we collect about you helps us manage our relationship with you, primarily by allowing us to respond to your queries, to improve website performance and user experience, and to let you know of our services and of materials for download.
We also collect information when you apply to be a member of our team.
The personal information we collect, the basis of processing and the purposes of processing are detailed below. Sometimes, these activities are carried out by third parties (see “Sharing of Personal Data” section below).
For EU data subjects, we have a lawful basis under the GDPR for each of our processing activities, as further indicated below.
|From Whom do we collect this data||Personal data||Basis and purpose of processing|
|Representatives of Prospective Customers.||We will collect your name, email address, phone number, and payment information. We may also collect your Social Security number, address and other information in order to collect a credit history where you have submitted an application to become our Customer.||It is necessary to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract (e.g. to respond to your queries and to provide you with further information; or where you have submitted an application to become our Customer, to verify your creditworthiness); and Consent.|
|Account Holders/Current Customers.||We will collect your name, user IDs/log-ins and passwords used by you when you create an account in relation to our platforms and services.||It is in our legitimate interests to grant you access to a private log-in where you can access information relevant to you and your relationship with us. Our interests are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject.|
|Representatives of Vendors/Suppliers.||We will collect your name, email address, phone number, order information for goods and services sold by you (or your organization), you/your organization’s billing, payment and banking details and any communications we have with you.||It is in our legitimate interests to store vendor/supplier related information so that we can refer back to it (e.g. for our general recordkeeping and supplier relationship management). Our interests are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject. Or (if you are contracting with us as an individual) it is necessary for performance of our contract with you.|
|General Inquirers and those reporting issues with our website.||We will collect your name, email address, phone number, and message details.||It is in our legitimate interests to respond to queries and to provide you with information relating to our services and to maintain our website. Our interests are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject.|
|Other third party partners with whom we carry out business.||We will collect your name, email address, and phone number.||It is in our legitimate interests to provide you with information relating to our services. Our interests are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject.|
|Those who wish to be included in our electronic mailing/contact list.||We will collect your name and email address, and telephone number.||Consent. If you subsequently wish to withdraw your consent, you may do so at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of these communications, or by contacting us through our “Contact Us” page or using the information set forth below in the “Contact Information” Section.|
|Those who we have identified to receive non-electronic marketing (e.g. postal marketing) or who we are permitted to market to electronically without consent, which may include representatives of prospective customers and representatives of current customers.||We will collect your name, physical address and email address (where electronic mailing).||It is in our legitimate interests to grow our business by marketing sales to existing customers and new customers, by identifying you as a potential recipient for, and notifying you of, our products and services as well as providing you with information of our latest offers and promotions. Our interests are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject.|
|Prospective Employees.||We will collect your name, email address, physical address, phone number, employment and educational history. If you receive a conditional offer from us, and depending on local laws, we may also collect a background check, including any criminal history.||Necessary in order to take steps prior to entering into an employment contract; Consent.|
|Website Users.||We will collect your location based on where you access our website.||It is in our legitimate interests to enhance account security, and to ensure appropriate privacy regulations are followed. Our interests are not overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject.|
|Visitors to Quad facilities.||We will collect your name, company /employer, purpose for access, driver’s license or number of other identification document; license plate number of any vehicle accessing the facility; expected length of stay; any required certificate or credential necessary for access to a restricted area; time in/time out. We also may monitor our facility using CCTV.||It is in our legitimate interest in maintaining security and accountability; compliance with local laws, including those relating to health and safety.|
|Visitors requiring access to Quad information systems.||We may monitor your usage of our network.||It is in our legitimate interest to maintain security and accountability through: identifying and authenticating employees and other individuals;identifying, investigating and mitigating suspected misuse of our assets, systems and platforms; It is also necessary to ensure compliance with law, regulations, as well as our policies and procedures.|
The personal information about you that we collect includes information within the below categories of data. These categories also represent the categories of personal information that we have collected over the past 12 months. Note that the categories listed below are defined by California state law. Inclusion of a category in the list below indicates only that, depending on the services and products we provide you, we may collect some information within that category. It does not necessarily mean that we collect all information listed in a particular category for all of our customers.
We do not and will not sell personal information about you, as defined under California state law. We also have not done so for the last 12 months.
|Category||Source||Purpose of Collecting Information||Disclosed for a business purpose in last 12 months?||Types of Third Parties Shared With|
|Characteristics of classes protected under federal or California law, including: familial status, disability, sex, national origin, religion, color, race, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, ancestry, source of income, age, or genetic information.||This information is collected directly from you or our service providers (including recruiting agencies).||This information is collected and processed in connection with processing an employment application, including to make you aware of employee benefits you may elect to receive or to provide you with any accommodations you may require. For visitors, it may also be collected to provide you with any accommodations you may require.||Yes||Affiliates and service providers.|
|Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||This information is collected directly from you or our service providers (including background and credit checking agencies).||This data is processed in connection with a number of our operational functions, including for processing an employment application or placement into particular job positions.||Yes||Affiliates and service providers.|
|Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||This information is collected directly from you or our customers. For visitors, This information is collected via our CCTV cameras.||Audio data may be processed in connection with a number of our operational functions, including recording sales calls and other calls. For visitors, visual data may be processed in order to maintain security and accountability, and to comply with local laws, including those relating to health and safety (as well as to accommodate any special access and mobility requirements).||Yes||Affiliates and service providers.|
|Professional or employment-related information.||This information is collected directly from you or our service providers (including recruiting agencies).||This data is processed in connection with a number of our operational functions, including to process your employment application, and to provide services to our customer. It may also be used for marketing purposes, including offering you products that may interest you. For visitors, this data is processed in order to maintain security and accountability.||Yes||Affiliates and service providers.|
A cookie is a small piece of data that a website asks your browser to store on your computer or mobile device. The cookie allows the website to “remember” your actions or preferences over time. Cookies are widely used by online service providers in order to (for example) make their websites or services work, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information. Some cookies are also strictly necessary for the performance of our website.
Most Internet browsers support cookies; however, users can set their browsers to decline certain types of cookies or specific cookies by configuring their browser’s privacy settings (please refer to your browser’s help function to learn more about cookie controls). Further, users can delete cookies at any time. Note that if you disable cookies entirely, our websites may not function properly, or at all in the case of strictly necessary cookies.
What types of cookies do we use?
Third-party cookies, including social media plugins, belong to and are managed by other parties, such as Google Analytics or service providers. These cookies may be required to render certain forms, such as email list sign-up, or to allow for some advertising outside of our website.
Session cookies are temporary cookies that are used to remember you during the course of your visit to the website, and they expire when you close the web browser.
Persistent cookies are used to remember your preferences within the website and remain on your desktop or mobile device even after you close your browser or restart your computer. We use these cookies to analyze user behavior to establish visit patterns so that we can improve our website functionality for you and others who visit our website(s). These cookies also allow us to target advertising and measure the effectiveness of our site functionality and advertising.
How are cookies used for advertising purposes?
Cookies and ad technology such as web beacons, pixels, and anonymous ad network tags help us serve relevant ads to you more effectively. They also help us collect aggregated audit data, research, and performance reporting for advertisers. Pixels enable us to understand and improve the delivery of ads to you, and know when certain ads have been shown to you. Since your web browser may request advertisements and web beacons directly from ad network servers, these networks can view, edit, or set their own cookies, just as if you had requested a web page from their site.
How are third party cookies used?
For more information on third party cookies we use click here
How do I reject and delete cookies?
We share Personal Information in the following ways:
- We may use service providers, who help with parts of our website and operation of our business; (e.g. bill collection, fraud prevention, technology services, marketing) and with whom we may share your Personal Information. We endeavor via contract to limit our service providers’ use of such information to the purposes of providing services to, or assisting us with, the operation of our business and not for their own benefit;
- We may share with law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties to the extent we believe applicable law requires our sharing or such sharing is appropriate to protect our rights, your rights or the rights of others;
- We may share payment information with third parties such as financial institutions as part of providing our services to you or the business you work for;
- As part of our legitimate interest, we may share in order to manage any proposed sale, restructuring, transfer or merging of any or all part(s) of our business, including to respond to queries from the prospective buyer or merging organization;and
- We may share with other third parties only with your consent or direction to do so.
We do not sell Personal Information, nor do we intend to do so, as those terms are defined in California law. In addition, we do not share Personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Depending on where you live, your current jurisdiction and applicable data protection laws, and subject to any relevant restrictions/exemption, you may be entitled to certain rights with regards to our processing of your Personal Information. (Please note: depending on the country you live in and the applicable data protection laws, you may only have access to some of the rights listed below).
- Access and Update. You may be entitled to request that we disclose to you Personal Data we have collected about you, the categories of sources from which the information was collected, the purposes of collecting the data, the categories of third parties we have shared the data with, and the categories of Personal Data that have been shared with third parties for a business purpose. You can review and change any inaccurate Personal Data by notifying us through the Contact Information below or the Access or Delete webform feature of our Website, of any errors in any Personal Data we have about you to ensure that it is complete, accurate, and as current as possible. We may also not be able to accommodate your request if we believe it would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. Data solely retained for data backup purposes is generally excluded.
- Restrictions. You may have the right to restrict our processing of your Personal Data under certain circumstances. In particular, you can request we restrict our use of it if you contest its accuracy, if the processing of your Personal Data is determined to be unlawful, or if we no longer need your Personal Data for processing but we have retained it as permitted by law.
- Portability. To the extent the Personal Data you provide Quad is processed based on your consent or that we process it through automated means, you have the right to request that we provide you a copy of, or access to, all or part of such Personal Data in structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You also have the right to request that we transmit this Personal Data to another controller, when technically feasible.
- Withdrawal of Consent. To the extent that our processing of your Personal Information is based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not, however, affect the lawfulness of the processing based on your consent before its withdrawal, and will not affect the lawfulness of our continued processing that is based on any other lawful basis for processing your Personal Information.
- Right to Deletion. You may have the right, subject to some exceptions, to request that we delete Personal Information about you that we have collected or maintain. We will not delete personal information about you when the information is required to fulfill a legal obligation, is necessary to exercise or defend legal claims, or where we are required or permitted to retain the information by law. For example, we cannot delete information about you while continuing to provide you with certain products and services or where we are legally required to retain certain information. This right is generally excluded from data kept for archival or back-up purposes.
- Complaints. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the applicable supervisory authority in the country you live in, the country you work in, or the country where you believe your rights under applicable data protection laws have been violated. However, before doing so, we request that you contact us directly in order to give us an opportunity to work directly with you to resolve any concerns about your privacy.
Please note that under California law, we are only obligated to respond to personal information requests from the same consumer up to two times in a 12-month period. Under both EU and California law, if an individual makes unfounded, repetitive, or excessive requests (as determined in our reasonable discretion) to access Personal Data, we may charge a fee subject to a maximum set by law.
Before providing information you request in accordance with these rights, we must be able to verify your identity. In order to verify your identity, you may need to submit information about yourself, including, to the extent applicable, providing answers to security questions, your name, government identification number, date of birth, contact information, or other personal identifying information. We will match this information against information we have previously collected about you to verify your identity and your request. If we are unable to verify your identity as part of your request, we will not be able to satisfy your request. We are not obligated to collect additional information in order to enable you to verify your identity. For deletion requests, you will be required to submit a verifiable request for deletion and then to confirm separately that you want personal information about you deleted.
If you would like to appoint an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, you must provide the agent with written, signed permission to submit privacy right requests on your behalf, or provide a letter from your attorney. The agent or attorney must provide this authorization at the time of request. We may require you to verify your identity with us directly before we provide any requested information to your approved agent.
Information collected for purposes of verifying your request will only be used for verification.
If you chose to exercise any of these rights, to the extent that they apply, U.S. state law prohibits us from discriminating against you on the basis of choosing to exercise your privacy rights. We may, however, charge a different rate or provide a different level of service to the extent permitted by law.
Some web browsers permit you to broadcast a signal to websites and online services indicating a preference that they “do not track” your online activities. At this time, we do not honor such signals and we do not modify what information we collect or how we use that information based upon whether such a signal is broadcast or received by us.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Processing of Personal Data in the United States/In Other Countries Outside the European Economic Area
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), in order to provide our Websites, products, and services to you, we may send and store your Personal Data outside of the EEA, including to the United States. Accordingly, your Personal Data may be transferred outside the country where you reside or are located, including to countries that may not or do not provide an equivalent level of protection for your Personal Data.
Your Personal Data is transferred by Quad to another country only if it is required or permitted under applicable data protection law and provided that there are appropriate safeguards in place to protect your Personal Data.
Quad will retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary for the purposes for which we collect it. In some instances, we may keep it longer:
- for as long as necessary to comply with any legal requirement;
- for backup and disaster recovery systems in accordance with our backup and disaster recovery policies and procedures;
- for as long as necessary to protect our legal interests or otherwise pursue our legal rights and remedies; or
- for data that has been aggregated or otherwise rendered anonymous in such a manner that you are no longer identifiable, indefinitely.
- For CCTV footage, we will retain your information for 3 months.
To Contact Quad
Attn: Dana Gruen
N61 W23044 Harry’s Way
Sussex, WI 53089-3995
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy you might have, you may have the right to lodge a complaint with local state regulators/data protection authorities if you believe that we have infringed applicable privacy or data protection requirements when processing personal data about you.