Joel Quadracci is Chairman, President and CEO of Quad, where he guides the company’s overall strategic growth, continuing the tradition of family leadership at the company founded in 1971 by his father, the late Harry V. Quadracci. Joel grew up with the company, officially joining it in 1991. He held various sales and strategy roles before becoming President and CEO in 2006, and Chairman, President and CEO in 2010.
Today, under Joel’s leadership, Quad is transforming into a global marketing services provider that helps brand owners market their products, services and content more efficiently and effectively. To do this, Quad leverages its strong print foundation in combination with its expertise in workflow re-engineering and optimization, content management and personalized, cross-channel marketing. Joel describes the company’s transformative journey in terms of ever-evolving functionality, as follows:
- Quad 1.0 covered the company’s tremendous organic growth – a 40-year period through which the company grew rapidly through greenfield growth, built a premier manufacturing and distribution platform equipped with the latest technology, established its reputation as one of the industry’s foremost innovators and created a corporate culture based on strong values that remains in place today.
- Quad 2.0 began in 2010 and relates to Quad’s role as a disciplined industry consolidator. Through a series of consolidating acquisitions, the company was able to enhance and expand its product offerings while removing inefficient and underutilized capacity, pulling out costs and transitioning work to more efficient facilities.
- Quad 3.0 builds on the foundations of 1.0 and 2.0 and is about the company transforming into a marketing services provider. In Quad 3.0, print (e.g., direct mail, instore signage and displays, packaging) features prominently in its offering; however, through its BlueSoHo integrated marketing subsidiary and marketing agency partners, Quad is able to develop all the components of a marketing campaign and execute that campaign efficiently and effectively.
In addition to Quad, Joel also serves on the boards of:
- Plexus Corp.
- Rise Interactive Media & Analytics, LLC
- Pixability, Inc.
- Road America, Inc.
- Milwaukee Art Museum
- National Association of Manufacturers
- Metropolitan Milwaukee Association of Commerce
Joel also serves on the advisory council of the Smithsonian National Postal Museum and is a member of the Greater Milwaukee Committee
He is a graduate of Skidmore College in Saratoga Springs, New York.