NOTE: Most of the following imaging specifications are in Adobe Acrobat PDF files. Viewing PDF files requires Acrobat Reader or Acrobat Exchange software. If you do not have this software, follow this link to the Adobe Acrobat website, where you can download it.
Direct digital output specifications for offset and gravure printing
- Submitting Digital Files to Quad
- Digital Proof Guidelines for Offset and Gravure
- How to Create and Supply Digital Images
- Packaging Offset Lithographic Printing Specifications
- Packaging Flexographic Printing Specifications
Specifications for Variable Imaging
Supplied proof verification files
Quad Chart – This file contains a combination of the industry standard IT8.7/4 as well as a P2P target (gray balance verify). These targets are configured to be used with an X-Rite Isis. Both targets can be used to verify/validate different characteristics of your proof output.
QuadCal Visualizer – This file contains a two-page collage of images to be used for visual comparison to a benchmark proof, or between proofers. The images contain sensitive grays, vignettes, flesh tones, and a full array of saturated colors to be used to identify many of the aspects of color reproduction accuracy.
Standard datasets and profiles
(The profiles and datasets are courtesy of SWOP. Please refer to the “Read Me” file included in the following file for more information.)
Direct Export to PDF
- InDesign CC, CS6, CS5 & CS4 Export to PDF/X-1a
- InDesign CC, CS6 & CS5.5 Export to PDF/X-4
- QuarkXPress 2016, 2015, 10, 9, & 8 Export to PDF/X-1a
- QuarkXPress 2016, 2015, 10, 9, & 8 Export to PDF with Live Transparency
Please contact your Imaging Service Representative for workflow and instructional recommendations when using applications other than those listed above.